Wildfire questions.

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by Canadian, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Canadian

Canadian Guest

I'm migrating to Wildfire and have a couple of questions.

1.I used to work a lot with copyed surfaces in asembly mode by clicking
    right
    on a part choosing "create feature" and then Surface~Copy~Solid surfaces or
    Quilt surfaces.
    I can't find a way to do this in Wildfire.
    2. How to add a feature(curve or datum or surface) in a layer.

Thank you

Canadian, Sep 9, 2003
  2. Canadian

David Janes Guest

: I'm sorta new to all this, but in lieu of some better answers....
    :
    : Copy surface....
    : Select the surface (or one of the surfaces) then Edit > Copy. The dialog will
    : take you from there. (Is the noun / verb thing new in Wildfire?)
    :
    The noun/verb, object/action thing began a couple revs ago, but got really serious
    in Wildfire. The major functions have been converted to it. They are the ones in
    the menu bar menus that have an icon next to them. The trick in all of these is
    selection (prehighlight [light blue], right click to cycle through preselect
    entities [like a graphical query select], the left click to select). The PTC User
    Area, New tools, Wildfire Webtools section has tutorials on the selection process
    that you need to go through. But, essentially, it follows an outline or tree
    format, going from whole to part, part to feature to geometry. The selection menu
    at the bottom (set by default to 'Smart select') can be set to geometry or
    features or surfaces. The WF Webtools page also has a very handy Menu Mapper guide
    which shows you, by rev and module, where it went. You go through the menus of
    2001 or i-squared and it shows you the current Wildfire eqivalent.

: Layers....
    : There are rules in the default template layer properties that might get you
    : what you want or you can manually collect entities by editing the layer
    : properties. (I haven't investigated any of this and know next to nothing
    : about it; Pro/E and layers in general.)

Jeff is right about adding things to layers, but let's back up a second. You can
    get to the layer menu as before, with the layers icon. But the model tree window
    has a 'Show' button above it which will also let you quickly flip back and forth
    between Model and Layer trees. When you want to add a layer, highlight 'Layers'
    and RMB the menu. When you want to add something to a layer, highlight it and RMB
    the menu. The new thing is that items are added and removed from layers by
    selecting Properties. You can then select what you want to add, visually on the
    screen or by clicking the Rules tab to get a screen showing the rules for
    automatically adding features to the layer. You can edit or create a rule
    (selection criteria) with the button at the bottom of the screen called 'Edit
    rules'. A rule will find items to add to the list.

David Janes

David Janes, Sep 9, 2003
Ask a Question