What is the best config to run ProeWildfire

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by Roger BERNERD, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Hello,
    I'm french and i have to install ProWildfire on a PC with
    graphic card : Gforce 4MX440
    processeur : AMD xp2500+
    hard disk: 120Go 7200rpm
    RAM : 512 ddr 333
    could you tell me if i have the good machine to run Proe or what i have to
    change

Thanks

Roger BERNERD, Apr 19, 2004
  2. Roger BERNERD

David Janes Guest

: Hello,
    : I'm french and i have to install ProWildfire on a PC with
    : graphic card : Gforce 4MX440
    : processeur : AMD xp2500+
    : hard disk: 120Go 7200rpm
    : RAM : 512 ddr 333
    : could you tell me if i have the good machine to run Proe or what i have to
    : change
    :
    If I were in the marketfor a new system, the first thing I'd do is to check the
    PTC.COM website. First check here for decertified graphics cards:
    http://www.ptc.com/partners/hardware/current/decerts.htm

Then check here for certified/approved systems.
    http://www.ptc.com/partners/hardware/current/proe.htm#cert

Also, if I were buying a new system, I'd budget about half the cost to pay for a
    top of the line graphics card. Yeah, seriously, $3000 for the workstation, $1500
    for the graphics card. Nothing else makes the amount of difference that a good,
    trouble-free card makes vs. a card which does screwy things, including causing
    crashes. Nothing else in the system makes this kind of difference. So, check out
    that nVidia Gforce 4MX440, especially how it handles that basic Pro/e graphics
    foundation, OpenGL. The thing to find out is what OpenGL graphics support Pro/e
    needs. The current version of the OpenGL API is 1.4, according to SGI. Your card
    supports up to 1.3, but what does Pro/e need to run flawlessly. If you can find
    out, please post it here. It is, so far, an enormous mystery.

David Janes

David Janes, Apr 22, 2004
Ask a Question