Unicode Support?

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by billhero, Feb 23, 2005.

1. billhero

billhero Guest

I am using AutoSketch 9 and I am trying to use some Greek characters. Has anybody had any luck with this? I have tried to used the character map, and it works within the character map routines. However, when I try to copy it back to the drawing, I get another character instead of the Greek character.

Thanks in advance.
    Bill

billhero, Feb 23, 2005
  2. billhero

Gadget Guest

When you are copying the charicter accross, you are only copying the ASCII "shortcut" to the charicter: a reference to the char's position within the font file.
    Change the font to the same as it says on your char map and you will see the char.

Gadget, Feb 23, 2005
  3. billhero

billhero Guest

I tried this with the Arial font, and I was getting the same ASCII characters. However, when I switch over to the UniversalMath1 BT font, it worked. So I am OK. I wonder, the greek characters are in the lower 254 characters in the UniversalMath1 BT font, where as the greek characters are above the lower 254 characters in the Arial font. I am wondering if that is the reason this work, or maybe I am doing something else wrong. Just wanted to thanks for your help, it did the trick...

Bill

billhero, Feb 25, 2005
Ask a Question