Stairs to beach

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by joenw, Feb 21, 2005.

1. joenw

joenw Guest

When I bought Autosketch, I was hoping it would have a template for stairs that I could simply modify and add to. After going through the tutorial, it still doesn't seem obvious. I have to go down a cliff and show construction detail with slope anchors, but seem to have trouble getting started. I thought if someone has a file they are willing to attach for a stairs, then maybe I could expand on it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Joe-

joenw, Feb 21, 2005
  2. joenw

Gadget Guest

Crating steps:a straight flight is fairly simple:
    - draw the section of one tread, including the upstand (should look like a "L")
    - You need to calcualte the tred depth of each step: how far on the plan the staps will travel. (250mm is about average, less gives steep steps, more gives shallow steps.)
    - You need to calculate the rise of each stepto draw the upstand: the over all height the steps take you divided by the number of steps (this number should be between about 120-170mm)
    - Take into account any lip that the step may have and leave enough room to place your foot on the tread(remember to make any 'thickness' of the steps _inside_ the lines)
    - Group these lines together.
    - Use the 'translate' tool (tic the box to leve copy) with snap to end points andcopy the step from the top of the "L"to the bottom of the step; click the next one and next...
    - {If the steps don't line-up right because you need to 'snap' to a specific point along the tread line to copy them, use the "Jump Snap" set to that distance}

On plan, the 'offset;' tool is very handy.

You have 'array' tools that will reproduce the grouped object, but only rotated along a line or to a grid - they are not any use in doing steps.
    There is also no "distribute" tool I could find or way to distribute evenly without deforming the source section.
    If anyone knows of an easier way to do this, please let me know

Hope this helps

Gadget

Gadget, Feb 22, 2005
  3. joenw

joenw Guest

Thanks Gadget - I'll give it a try.

-Joe-

joenw, Feb 22, 2005
Ask a Question