Someone Please Confirm Pro/INTRALINK 3.x Support

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by Andy, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Andy

Andy Guest

Andy, Nov 20, 2007
  2. Andy

Janes Guest

Hi Gang

Can someone please officially confirm that Pro/INTRALINK 3.x will be
    supported after the summer of 2008. For the longest time PTC has said
    the 3.x is no longer supported after next summer. I just came across
    this site that contradicts that.

http://cadmincouk.blogspot.com/2007/11/celebrate-intralink-3x-will-support.html

We are currently on version 3.3.

Please help,
    Andy

I'm not sure if it's actually the issue of Intralink "support" or what revs of Pro/e will work with it. I'm thinking I've heard that starting with WF3 or 4, these won't work with Intralink 3.3. But I know for sure that PTC is pushing people to go to Windchill PDM/ProjectLink 8 as the ILINK replacement. But you know, they were going to phase out CADDS 5 and it's still going strong. So, it may depend on what you mean by support. Often it means they will stop issuing patches and upgrades after a period of time but still talk you through software useage problems.

David Janes

Janes, Nov 20, 2007
  3. Andy

Janes Guest

Hi Gang

Please help,
    Andy

I'm not sure if it's actually the issue of Intralink "support" or what revs of Pro/e will work with it. I'm thinking I've heard that starting with WF3 or 4, these won't work with Intralink 3.3. But I know for sure that PTC is pushing people to go to Windchill PDM/ProjectLink 8 as the ILINK replacement. But you know, they were going to phase out CADDS 5 and it's still going strong. So, it may depend on what you mean by support. Often it means they will stop issuing patches and upgrades after a period of time but still talk you through software useage problems.

David Janes
    Well, thanks for including the link. I finally read the article which, I think, says you're getting a temporary reprieve. However, read carefully! The only real benefit, even in the short run, is to users of Ilink 3.4 whose upgrade is specifically mentioned. 3.3 looks like the redheaded stepchild. Stands to reason since 3.4 was always considered the transition to 8.0 which was on a parallel Windchill track, the only way PTC really wanted to go.

Janes, Nov 22, 2007
  4. Andy

Janes Guest

OK, from what I understand, 3.3 is dead with on upgrade to 3.4 or a Windchill based solution. 3.4 up through M050 only supports WF3. M060, to be released in June 2008, will support WF4 and you can buy 1 additional year of support until June 2009 for a 10% premium.
    Hi Gang

Please help,
    Andy

David Janes
    Well, thanks for including the link. I finally read the article which, I think, says you're getting a temporary reprieve. However, read carefully! The only real benefit, even in the short run, is to users of Ilink 3.4 whose upgrade is specifically mentioned. 3.3 looks like the redheaded stepchild. Stands to reason since 3.4 was always considered the transition to 8.0 which was on a parallel Windchill track, the only way PTC really wanted to go.
    Yeah, nice assertions, everyone's gotem', but the sources for this... that's what's in question, which decides how official it is. I can't provide anything official. Can you cite something that IS official, IOW, where did you get this information? "Grapevine" is okay, but a link to a PTC site would be a monstrously BIG help.

Muchas gracias,
    David Janes

Janes, Nov 23, 2007
Ask a Question