some config.pro options

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by Barbarpapa1, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Barbarpapa1

Barbarpapa1 Guest

Hello experts

I have one (actually two) small issue about config.pro options (Pro/E 2001).
    I want to enable shading with small surfaces and quality of shading on level
    5 as default. Could this be somehow done with options in config.pro? Normaly
    this options could be found with Wiev->Display Settinsg->Model
    Display->Shade.

Thanks a lot and best regards...

Joze

Barbarpapa1, Apr 16, 2004
  2. Barbarpapa1

David Janes Guest

: Hello experts
    :
    : I have one (actually two) small issue about config.pro options (Pro/E 2001).
    : I want to enable shading with small surfaces and quality of shading on level
    : 5 as default. Could this be somehow done with options in config.pro? Normaly
    : this options could be found with Wiev->Display Settinsg->Model
    : Display->Shade.
    :
    Google Groups on shade. You should find my answer to this same question, posted
    about 12/19 of last year. Nothing in Pro/e has changed since then to affect the
    answer I gave.

David Janes

David Janes, Apr 17, 2004
  3. Hello David, hello all...

Thank You for Your answer, I have already rely on Your post and solve the
    problem with reorientation animation so it snaps to sketch plane instantly
    right now. I have also looked into "configoptions.pdf" file and figured out
    how to set the quality of edge quality (I prefer "high"). But I can't figure
    out how to set the shade quality to level othet than 3 (default) in
    config.pro. I want aslo enable shading with small surfaces as default.

Some names of system variables in config.pro are straight forward but some
    are so cryptic that is almost unposible to figure out what the purpose of
    this is, especially for us which are not native English speakers.

Kind regards

Joze

Joze BARBARIC, Apr 17, 2004
  4. Barbarpapa1

David Janes Guest

: Hello David, hello all...
    :
    : Thank You for Your answer, I have already rely on Your post and solve the
    : problem with reorientation animation so it snaps to sketch plane instantly
    : right now. I have also looked into "configoptions.pdf" file and figured out
    : how to set the quality of edge quality (I prefer "high"). But I can't figure
    : out how to set the shade quality to level othet than 3 (default) in
    : config.pro. I want aslo enable shading with small surfaces as default.
    :
    The long and short of what I said in that post was that NO setable options exist
    to permanently change those values.

: Some names of system variables in config.pro are straight forward but some
    : are so cryptic that is almost unposible to figure out what the purpose of
    : this is, especially for us which are not native English speakers.
    :
    Yes, unnecessarily cryptic, poorly documented with inadequate help. And, it's not
    much easier for native english speakers, until you get hold of the documentation
    and find out what various options govern. To make things even more difficult and
    confusing, the options are divided between half a dozen different files. So,
    besides config.pro, there's a config.win file for basically screen setup; the .dtl
    files for drawing setup; there are drawing formats with title blocks and possibly
    tables and parameters; config.mech for Pro/MECHANICA settings; menu_def.pro which
    provides access to the menu structure; start parts that contain a lot of default
    settings; plus there are specific configuration files for Intralink and Pro/NC. Do
    you get the feeling that it would be a good idea to take a course?

Now that I mentioned start parts (templates), I'm wondering if shade quality and
    the small patches setting get saved with the part. If they do, you could possibly
    achieve a higher default setting by changing your start parts.

David Janes

David Janes, Apr 17, 2004
  5. Barbarpapa1

hamei Guest

It is awful, but life could be worse. They COULD have buried it
    all in the registry :)

hamei, Apr 25, 2004
Ask a Question