Solidworks to AutoCADD

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by jstremkowski, Oct 11, 2013.

1. jstremkowski

jstremkowski

I am having issues with files in AutoCADD that were originally created in solidworks. The boundary command will not work on solid objects from a top view as it does with cad created objects. Also, I cannot dimension any arcs because they are not arcs, they are splines. Are there any work-arounds to these issues without having to re-draw every object?

jstremkowski, Oct 11, 2013
  2. jstremkowski

Terminator

So what have you tried so far that hasn't worked? No sense repeating suggestions that have failed.

Terminator, Oct 17, 2013
  3. jstremkowski

Terminator

Can you attach a copy of the drawing you are working with so we can have a chance to play with it?

Terminator, Oct 17, 2013
  4. jstremkowski

Terminator

This is a two-way street dude. You want help you have to be responsive otherwise we lose interest fast.

Terminator, Oct 17, 2013
  5. jstremkowski

jstremkowski

Sorry about the delay! Hope nobody was offended! I tried loading a sample piece but the .dwg keeps kicking back as an invalid file. I'm new to the forums, is this normal?

jstremkowski, Oct 18, 2013
  6. jstremkowski

Terminator

I've never tried uploading anything here so I can't tell you what the problem might be. I'll have to give it a try.

Terminator, Oct 19, 2013
  7. jstremkowski

Shaggy Administrator

The forum software can't accept all file types, because it's possible to get some types of code to run on the server (so the forum software limits it for security). If you zip up the file and attach it, that should do the trick.

Shaggy, Oct 22, 2013
  8. jstremkowski

Terminator

What code would be embedded in a DWG file that could possibly run on a server?

This is the first CAD help forum I've run across that won't allow the uploading of a DWG file. Seems very odd.

Terminator, Oct 24, 2013
  9. jstremkowski

Shaggy Administrator

I'll change it now so that DWG's can be uploaded - you are quite right that this type of file extension can't cause any problems with the server, it was just by way of explanation. As there are so many different formats, adding them to a zip is a good way of uploading any file type in a format that the server can handle.

As DWG is the most common type we'll need on here, it should now be fine to upload :).

Shaggy, Oct 29, 2013
  10. jstremkowski

Terminator

The answers you got at the two other AutoCAD Help sites didn't solve your problem?

Terminator, Nov 7, 2013
Ask a Question