Snaps

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by Jimhu, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Jimhu

Jimhu Guest

Endpoint, midpoint, centerpoint snaps do not work if the point is off the screen view. Drafix had no problem with this. Is there any fix?

Jimhu, Nov 11, 2004
  2. Jimhu

Gadget Guest

No "fixes", but a couple of 'work-arounds' -

Use the arrow keys to 'nudge' the drawing

use a wheely-mouse to zoom out/in as required (this does not interrupt the current command)

Draw shorter lines in right direction (ortho, or specify an angle) then zoom to the area with the entity you want to extend/snap to, select the "Trim Edge" tool and click on the line, then zoom to the previous area and click on all the short guidelines created to have them extend to that line.

Draw a line in the direction it should go (roughly), then zoom to take in the end of the line and the snap point, double click on the line and move the end node to the snap point.

Zoom out so that you can see both of the snap points. If the scale means that you click and get the snap point of another line, then hold <alt> and click untill you get the correct one highlighted.

Zoom out so that you can see (roughly) where the snap point should be, click to start, turn OFF all the snaps and click (roughly) where you think it should be. Turn the snaps back on and zoom in to that area, double click on the line and move the end node to the snap point.

Hope some of these ideas help, but I agree - it would be nice to be able to snap to things outside of the view.
    (It also bugs me that there is no 'active scrolling' - you can't drag a line off the edge of the screen (creating, moving or transforming) and have the view scroll.
    And the fact that you can't fill an object unless you see all it's bounding sides in the view.)

Gadget, Nov 12, 2004
  3. Jimhu

Jimhu Guest

Thanks. I am guiding 100 users in the switch from Drafix to AS9 and as far as they are concerned, this is a bug.

Jimhu, Nov 12, 2004
  4. Jimhu

Paul Jackson Guest

It was reported at beta stage but nothing was done about it.

A work around sometimes is to use Jumpsnap with 100% and this goes to the
    other end of the line.

You also asked in an earlier post if there were difference in CAD and SKF.
    There are many to do with Text, Fills, Pictures, Widths... and therefore
    stick to SKF.

The other annoying thing with V9 SKF is line widths do not convert to pixels
    when SaveAs V7,8. So be careful if you wish to go backwards in
    compatibility.

Paul
    www.resolv.com.au

far as they are concerned, this is a bug.

Paul Jackson, Nov 23, 2004
  5. Jimhu

B Pike Guest

Too right this is a bug!! - It is garbage that it wasn't fixed at beta
    stage!!

Why oh why didn't I see this topic before buying AS9 - should have bought
    those good wines instead!!

Barry Pike

B Pike, Nov 30, 2004
  6. Jimhu

Paul Jackson Guest

Good "Oz wines" I trust !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Jackson, Nov 30, 2004
  7. Jimhu

B Pike Guest

Of course!! - where else!!

B Pike, Dec 1, 2004
Ask a Question