Snap to grid problem

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by billmoon, Feb 23, 2005.

1. billmoon

billmoon Guest

I'm using Autosketch V5 with Win ME (flame suit on!). I use it maybe once a year so as long as it works, I don't see a need to upgrade. I have been working on a house floor plan and the other day snap-to-grid started acting up. When I create a new entity or place a new symbol, the new entity is created on a grid point as it should. However when I try to move the entity, it is as if the grid has moved to a random position away from the original grid. The displayed grid does not move but the snap points are at random points between displayed grid points. This happens with brand new drawings as well as with existing ones. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program (with the 5.0 to 5.3 patch) and the problem is still there. The only change I have made to my system recently is to upgrade antivirus and firewall software. Has anyone seen this problem before?
    Sincere Thanks,
    Bill Moon

billmoon, Feb 23, 2005
  2. billmoon

Bogeyman Guest

I have exactly the same problem!
    What could cause this?

René

Bogeyman, Feb 24, 2005
  3. billmoon

billmoon Guest

Found the problem. It didn't just start the other day but has been there all along. The problem is operator ignorance. I didn't know about the 'change coordinate' dialog as the correct means to move a point. I was trying to just drag the point with the mouse to a new location but this is not the correct method. This is really a nice piece of software, even with this old version.

billmoon, Feb 24, 2005
Ask a Question