Similar product to ASketch 9?

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by Flyzilla, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Flyzilla

Flyzilla Guest

I am trying AutoSketch 9 on a trail basis and I love it. Being new to Autodesk programs, I just need to know if there is a similar program that would be more suitable to designing furniture, cabinets, and bookshelves.

I love the interface and ease of use, but I need to be able to show more concepts on the details of the furniture and other interior stuff.

Thanks,

-Mike-

Flyzilla, Sep 17, 2004
  2. Flyzilla

Gadget Guest

?? Change the page scale to 1:25 or similar and just draw what you want at 1:1 - take a look at the tutorial within AS on the bird-house: is this more what you were looking for?

The dual line tool can be set for the thickness of your wood, then just draw sides and shelves to suit.
    The "grid snap" and "ortho" tools can be set up so that you can draw straight lines at (eg) 10mm intervals with singhle clicks.
    Once drawn, you can use the "stretch" tool to re-size elements and the "relative" point entry system to ensure that it's accurate.

What more do you need to do?

Gadget, Sep 20, 2004
  3. Flyzilla

Flyzilla Guest

This is just what I needed - thanks!

-Mike-

Flyzilla, Sep 20, 2004
  4. Flyzilla

Len Rafuse Guest

There are a few people here using AutoSketch for furniture. Like me
    they may have been too busy to drop in here for the last few weeks.

What are you looking to do that AS doesn't do?

Len Rafuse, Sep 30, 2004
Ask a Question