RS Designer??

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by stephen_sunshine, May 4, 2008.

1. Any one used this or have an opinion on its ability??

Clueless

stephen_sunshine, May 4, 2008
  2. stephen_sunshine

Janes Guest

This is all I know about it as I've never used it:
    http://www.ptc.com/solutions/routed_systems/rsd_faq.htm

That said, it's a needs-based utility. If you don't need what it can do, it's abilities are worthless. So, it might help if you told us what you need it for. As the FAQ points out, though, if you have the Pro/ENGINEER Piping and Cabling Extension license, you already have an RSD Lite license to try out the functionality. If you don't even have the Pro/ENGINEER Piping and Cabling Extension, you're a long way from being able to use RSD which is almost a freebe based on existing cable harness and physical, 3D cable routing. Without that, there's no RSD schematics. The people where I work are still using ACAD for cable design and schematics, at least partly because it beats the pants off Pro/DIAGRAM and its lame drafting tools. Maybe you need PTC to demo some of this stuff for you, so you have a clearer picture of what's involved and what you're getting yourself into. Anyway, the FAQ should be of some help.

David Janes

Janes, May 4, 2008
Ask a Question