Qaflags, strange behavior.

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by BillZ, Dec 17, 2003.

1. BillZ

BillZ Guest

R2004:
    In my Acad.lsp I undefine the open command, and in my acaddoc.lsp I load a lisp that is my version of open.
    If qaflags is set to 0 on startup, all works well.
    If qaflags is set to 1 on startup, the native "open" does not get undefined.
    To get around this, I have to set qaflags to 0 at the begining of my acad.lsp before the undefine command. And then set qaflags to 1 in my acaddoc.lsp to get the desired results.
    Any thoughts about this?
    TIA
    Bill

BillZ, Dec 17, 2003
  2. IMO, and generally speaking, qaflags should normally be set to 0, temporarily setting it to other values to achive various non normal behaviors, and then reset back to 0.

Rather than regurgitate the info gathered by others, see the source provided by Owen Wengerd and friends at www.manusoft.com:

http://tinyurl.com/zmo5

About half way down the page under the heading "Undocumented System Variables" is the listing for qaflags, the various values that it can be set to, and the resulting behavior.

Cheers.

michael puckett, Dec 17, 2003
  3. BillZ

BillZ Guest

Thanks,
    But the probelem is:
    When Qaflags is set to 0, it gives problems with exloding items in a selection set.
    Try it. Make several rectangle and use (setq ss (ssget)) and select the rectangles using a crossing.
    Then (command "explode" ss).
    One entity will get exploded and the rest ignored.
    With qaflags set to 1 ther is no problem with (command "explode" ss "").
    Bill

BillZ, Dec 17, 2003
  4. BillZ

Joe Burke Guest

Hi Bill,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by, "desired results". If qaflags is set
    to 1 in acaddoc.lsp, then with each file open you want qaflags enabled. Is that
    right, and if so, why? Sounds dangerous.

If that is what you want, why not in acad.lsp: first set qaflags 0, redefined
    open, then set qaflags 1?

I believe qaflags is short for "quality assurance flags". So it may make sense
    when it is enabled, you can't undefine command.

Joe Burke

lisp that is my version of open.
    before the undefine command. And then set qaflags to 1 in my acaddoc.lsp to get
    the desired results.

Joe Burke, Dec 18, 2003
  5. BillZ

BillZ Guest

Sorry for not explaining myself better.
    To me if you can run a command (like explode) the same as you can at the command prompt, that is "Normal".
    The only way that explode works normally is qaflags = 1.
    I guess I could just set qaflags before every explode command in all my programs....and then back again.
    I've never had any trouble leaving qaflags=1 in r14.
    Thought is was weird when R2004 did this.
    No big deal. :)
    Bill

BillZ, Dec 18, 2003
Ask a Question