Program not responding

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by GrantCollier, Jun 1, 2004.

1. GrantCollier

GrantCollier Guest

I have a drawing that is approximate. 186,000K in size. I have a fill area that turned out to be wrong and I need to edit it. When I select it to edit, the program (in Task Manager) shows 'program not responding' even though I am showing 100 percent of memory (1 gig) being used with 80-96% used by Sketch.exe. Many operations take so much time that I have to have other things to work on while the current process completes. I have left the edit of the fill area run overnight and it does not complete. Some others do - even when showing 'not responding.'

GrantCollier, Jun 1, 2004
  2. GrantCollier

Len Rafuse Guest

186,000K as in 186 meg? I am surprised you can do anything with that file.

A little more info might be helpful. Version of AutoSketch, speed of
    computer, OS, etc.

Some options -
    Delete the problem entity and redraw it.
    Copy everything into a new drawing.
    Merge everything into a new drawing.
    Whack the side of the computer seven times with a small baseball bat.

Actually the last one won't solve your problem but might make you feel
    better.

Len Rafuse, Jun 1, 2004
  3. GrantCollier

GrantCollier Guest

Len, thanks for the reply, the computer is a P3 with a gig of memory, (It is being worked on right now so I am not sure the speed but pretty good). AS v.8b23. Yes, 186 meg. And yes- I did it all in much the same order as discussed which may explain why the thing is getting worked on. I tried cutting, deleting, moving the object (fill) and any;ANY action to the entity puts the whole pc resource into AS.exe and can run 24+hrs without any result. I have started selecting all other entities around it and moving to another new drawing but you can imagine some problems with that- having to do with complex alignment etc. Plus just the time for the PC to deal with the objects;I almost go to sleep waiting for each operation to complete. VERY tedious

GrantCollier, Jun 11, 2004
  4. GrantCollier

Len Rafuse Guest

Version 8 build 23 is the same as I have.

Can you put a marquee around the entity and then have it select
    everything outside or intersecting the the marquee? Then copy and paste
    into a new drawing leaving the offending entity behind.

186 meg...wow! I am still surprised ti works at all.

Len Rafuse, Jun 11, 2004
Ask a Question