Problem Printing to Designjet 1050C

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Jmoore284, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Jmoore284

Jmoore284 Guest

My company recently made the purchase of the Designer 1050C and we run both AutoCAD 2004 and cad 2005 map 3D. The problem arose here recently when two of us were no longer able to print to the 1050. We can print to any printer and it works and we can print from any program to the plotter except from AutoCAD to the 1050. We have uninstall and reinstalled AutoCAD, uninstall and reinstalled new drivers for the printer and been on the phone with everyone we can think of there is no help. One thing i have noticed is by watching the print que if I were to send a drawing to our 11x17 printer it sends the drawing with a seize of 880kb, however if i send the same drawing to the plotter it sends with a size of 88 bytes which is not enough to do anything with. This sits in the plotter que for about 2 seconds and says spooling before it disappears. The plotter continues saying ready and never acts as if it receives anything I have sent. My thoughts are that something within CAD is not sending the entire file to the plotter to get the job done but we have all went over and over every possible setting and system variable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jmoore284, Dec 14, 2004
Ask a Question