Problem Plotting Overlay Raster on Xerox 8830

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by bknodel, Jul 9, 2004.

1. bknodel

bknodel Guest

We have had a problem plotting overlay files on our Xerox 8830. The current setup is with AutoCAD 2004 and Raster Design 2004, however we have had this problem under 2000i with Overlay 2000i as well.

The plot preview comes up fine, however when the plot is sent to the Xerox 8830, it plots what we've added in AutoCAD as well as a portion of the bottom of the TIF file. In addition, at the bottom of the printout, below the cut line, you can see a bit more of the TIF file.

The problem does not occur when the TIF file we are working on is small.

I have read the posts on this message board regarding the 8830 and raster files but have not found an answer there. Please let me know if you have a solution.

When I check the general tab in the plotter configuration editor it states that the system driver is xesgdi8.hdi. Below, where it lists the windows driver files I see a file named xesgdi7.hdi. Is this as simple as updating the windows driver files to match the autocad system driver?

bknodel, Jul 9, 2004
  2. bknodel

bknodel Guest

As an added note. I did download Xerox's specific 2004 autocad drivers and I followed their instructions (creating a new plot device using those drivers). However, when I plot using that device an error comes up telling me there is a system plotter using the same IP address. It attempts to send the file using a different method but the plotter never sees the file. I spent quite a bit of time disabling any reference in my printers folder to that IP address, but the error message continues to pop up.

bknodel, Jul 9, 2004
  3. bknodel

David K. Guest

Try using the HP650C driver that is on one of your AutoCAD cd's. I know it
    is a step backwards but it worked for us.

and I followed their instructions (creating a new plot device using those
    drivers). However, when I plot using that device an error comes up telling
    me there is a system plotter using the same IP address. It attempts to send
    the file using a different method but the plotter never sees the file. I
    spent quite a bit of time disabling any reference in my printers folder to
    that IP address, but the error message continues to pop up.

David K., Jul 9, 2004
  4. bknodel

bknodel Guest

Actually,

I worked with a technical support person who had me download ENCAD's NovaJet Drivers. Prints now come out great.

bknodel, Jul 19, 2004
Ask a Question