Printing Autosketch V6 horizontal polylines with officejet

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by Brumby, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Brumby

Brumby Guest

When I try to print a drawing with polylines on my Officejet 635 printer. There is either no fill in the horizontal lines or the lines are missing altogether. The drawing looks fine on the screen and the vertical polylines are filled as expected. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Brumby

Brumby, Oct 6, 2004
  2. Brumby

Len Rafuse Guest

Update print drivers.

Are you using AS 6.01?

Len Rafuse, Oct 6, 2004
  3. Brumby

Brumby Guest

No Len, I am using Autosketch 6.0.

Brumby, Oct 7, 2004
  4. Brumby

Len Rafuse Guest

get the patch and upgrade to 6.01 and see if that helps.

Len Rafuse, Oct 7, 2004
  5. Brumby

Brumby Guest

I have installed the 6.01 patch but the printing problem is still persisting. Any other ideas, Len.

Brumby, Oct 8, 2004
  6. Brumby

Gadget Guest

You could try upping your line thickness: the printer may not be able to print "hairline" on one vertices.

Gadget, Oct 8, 2004
  7. Brumby

Brumby Guest

After more investigation I have discovered that the lines that will not print are all horizontal polylines (in the direction that the printer carriage moves). The outline of the horizontal polyline is printed with very fine lines but there is no fill. The same happens with arrow heads on horizontal dimensions. Fine lines up to about 0.5mm real width are not a problem, but I am trying to print the walls of a house at 100mm thickness at a scale of 1:100. The problem only presents itself above real line thicknesses of about 0.5mm.

Brumby, Oct 10, 2004
  8. Brumby

Jeff Guest

Testing
    print are all horizontal polylines (in the direction that the printer
    carriage moves). The outline of the horizontal polyline is printed with very
    fine lines but there is no fill. The same happens with arrow heads on
    horizontal dimensions. Fine lines up to about 0.5mm real width are not a
    problem, but I am trying to print the walls of a house at 100mm thickness at
    a scale of 1:100. The problem only presents itself above real line
    thicknesses of about 0.5mm.

Jeff, Oct 23, 2004
Ask a Question