Postscript with AutoSketch 8?

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by Raimondo Caprio, Nov 6, 2004.

1. I need to use some fonts available only as PostScript, no TrueType.
    In Windows XP there is no problem, Office application can use PS fonts directly, in the fonts list they are all available.
    However when I open AutoSketch only TrueType fonts are listed. Any way to use them? is it possible in version 9?

Raimondo Caprio, Nov 6, 2004
  2. Raimondo Caprio

Gadget Guest

It seems that there are only TT fonts available.

BUT

The OLE works - just create the text in Word, copy it and paste it onto your drawing: (as long as you are not on 'text' mode) this will insert the coppied text as if it's a word document embedded into the drawing; fonts, formatting, etc all are still within word rather than Sketch, and if edited, are edited with Word rather than sketch.

Gadget, Nov 8, 2004
  3. Great Gadget, it works!

Just a few comments perhaps useful to other people.
    No problem to print the SKF drawing, or to save it as PDF, where the PostScript font is at home.
    However if the SKF file is opened on a PC without the PS font installed, it will be converted to Arial, no use to incorporate the Word object into the SKF file, since it still remains a Word drawing, and needs the font available.
    It also seems that the it totally disappears when saved as DWG, but may be I have missed some setting, need to retry.
    With some care at the distribution phase it is still a valuable solution.
    Thank again.

Raimondo Caprio, Nov 9, 2004
  4. Raimondo Caprio

Gadget Guest

I don't think that Sketch knows how ACAD works with OLE objects, so just dosn't include them. It sould work with bitmap images tho:

If it's only a small amount of text you could use Word's "word art" function; and then copy the 'word art' image - this will paste as a graphic rather than an OLE object. (should also solve saving to PDF and most distribution problems)

If you are doing it often, I would get the font changed to a TTF.

Gadget, Nov 9, 2004
Ask a Question