Plotter settings not being applied

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by MRNot, Aug 11, 2004.

1. MRNot

MRNot Guest

I have no idea how to search the forums for previous answers to this question, so I'll beg your pardon & indulgence. My problem may related directly to operating a single-user license of LDD2i using only network output devices, and it may be a problem with our network and not AutoCAD, but I have no way of knowing that because I am not among the network privileged. The symptoms of the problem are that plotter settings are never saved in the plotter profile. Every time I plot to any device, existing profile or not, all settings are as default and (not as I'm used to in other circumstances when whatever you used last is generally the default subsequently). My specific problem at this point is that I've been given some .DWG files from another firm and have been asked to plot them here using their custom pen settings. When I created the pen setting profile, I was able to save it and can retrieve it, but AutoCAD will simply not apply these settings when I attempt to plot. What I get is illegible output printed in yellows & light cyans. When I select the pen profile, it does not give me any errors, but if I, for instance, try to preview the plot, the settings get reset to whatever the drawing was created with.

I'm using LDD2i, current SP 2(?) on a 2.4Ghz PIV machine running an Intel motherboard with 1G DDR-RAM, 75G disk (52G free), Radeon 7500 (current driver set) 32M AGP video, running WinXP SP1. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

MRNot, Aug 11, 2004
  2. MRNot

MRNot Guest

Nevermind..

Turns out, previously, MIT had re-formatted my harddisk and when they reinstalled LDD2i, they neglected to patch it. I seem to have gotten a resolution for this issue.

MRNot, Aug 11, 2004
  3. MRNot

Anne Brown Guest

MrNot -

For your future use:

The discussion group search engine provides flexibility for
    searching through existing message content. To search:

1. Go to http://discussion.autodesk.com/

2. Select a product (Example: AutoCAD or Autodesk Inventor). The
    ACAD group contains printing.

3. Type your keywords into the search box and click Search. Note:
    You can further refine your query by selecting a specific
    discussion group from the dropdown provided. Your group choices
    will vary in the drop down, based on where you have navigated on
    the discussion group site.

Search results are sorted by relevance (a complex query of all
    relevant content based on your keywords and group choices).
    Clicking on the message result will display the entire thread
    (the series of messages and replies).

Anne Brown, Aug 11, 2004
  4. MRNot

MRNot Guest

Thanks. I have used the search engine, but my problem usually (as in this instance) relates to picking exact keywords for the particular problem. From by best guess as to how to find an answer to my problem, I'd end up with either no hits or with the entire discussion group as it is.

MRNot, Aug 16, 2004
Ask a Question