operating AutoLISP over the internet

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by RVS-GUY, Nov 17, 2004.

1. RVS-GUY

RVS-GUY Guest

Are there any limitations to operating AutoLISP programming over the internet? For instance, I want to access AutoCAD from my companys server and execute a lisp program which has a dialog box interface. When all information is entered in the dialog box the lisp program will select and edit a drawing. I would like to pass this finised drawing from the remote server to my location for printing. Can this be done or am I asking to much from AutoCAD and the internet?

RVS-GUY, Nov 17, 2004
  2. RVS-GUY

liftedaxis Guest

i've got an OC-8 connection running from my nuclear hardened bunker to the internet, and I've never had any problems running things over it.

you know it kinda depends on the size of the files being passed.
    couldn't you just do everything locally, and then xmit a zipped file to your waiting ftp server for the printing?

as for basic net speeds, on a whim I moved a test database to our web server, and was accessing the data through MySQL's ODBC connection over the internet, rather than over the local network -- it was just as fast. when you're transmitting really small data packets (like less than 64k, or in the case of autolisp, pretty much any code or dcl), you're never even going to notice if the file originated on your network or from china.

signing off from the bunker,
    --Jeremiah

liftedaxis, Nov 18, 2004
  3. RVS-GUY

RVS-GUY Guest

Kidding on the square... I am in China.

RVS-GUY, Nov 18, 2004
Ask a Question