open + time reset

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by caca, Oct 8, 2004.

1. caca

caca Guest

Hi,
    I have been trying to change the "open" command. I wanted to open a drawing and right after it is opened, do a "time" "reset", but for me it is not working, as if "time" "reset" was simply not there at the lisp code...

thank you,
    Carol

caca, Oct 8, 2004
  2. caca

dblaha Guest

Set the LISPINIT system variable to 1 in your code:

(setvar "lispinit" 1)

Dave

dblaha, Oct 8, 2004
  3. caca

caca Guest

I have added this line in my code, but I am with a really simple doubt about the open command: how do I write this command so I can choose the file to open, not pre define it in the code?

Thank you

caca, Oct 13, 2004
  4. caca

dblaha Guest

First of all, I got my lispinit advice backwards. It should be set to 0 in order for your code to keep running in the drawing you open. It's default value is 1.

The sample code I've written below will allow the user to open a drawing with the open dialog and run code in that drawing once it's open, BUT it only works in SDI mode, which means you can only have one drawing open at a time. Also, it assumes that you do not want to save changes to your currently open drawing when you run it.

(defun c:my_open ()
    (setq old_lispinit (getvar "lispinit"))
    (setq old_sdi (getvar "sdi"))
    (setvar "lispinit" 0)
    (setvar "sdi" 1)
    (initdia)
    (command "open" (if (> (getvar "dbmod") 0)"y"))
    (setvar "sdi" old_sdi)
    (setvar "lispinit" old_lispinit)
    (princ "Your code goes here.")
    (princ)
    )

Dave

dblaha, Oct 13, 2004
Ask a Question