Obtaining licenses from Redundant Servers

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by luisleon, Nov 11, 2004.

1. luisleon

luisleon Guest

After receiving the 3 separate licenses for Land Desktop 2005 I created license files for each of the 3 servers. The license files' top lines of each are the same (showing the three servers, mac, and port) followed by the "increment" portion of the license for each corresponding server.
    After checking the status in lmtools I get something similar to all the examples I've seen for redundant systems. Based on the status check it appears the 3 systems are running correctly, ie. the master and the two others are up and showing the # of available licenses, etc.
    I corrected the license file in the Land Desktop 2005 to have the three servers, mac addresses, and ports.
    If this is correct so far why do I get an error when I start Land Desktop 2005 that states:
    The network license manager was not able to get a valid license. If this problem continues, please contact your system administrator. Error [1.5.-18], Error [1.5.-8], or Error [1.5.-15] (I don't remember the exact code but it was one of these)

luisleon, Nov 11, 2004
  2. You can not correct license file manually, it should be created by Autodesk
    and if you want some changes you need to request a new license file.

Regards
    Efim

Efim Tetelman \(Autodesk, Inc\), Nov 24, 2004
Ask a Question