noise analysis in IC61

Discussion in 'Cadence' started by FraNi, Jun 21, 2011.

1. FraNi

FraNi Guest

Hi everyone,
    I made some noise analysis for an OTA with IC6.1. Can it be, that the unit at the y-axis from the diagram (shown as V/sqrt(Hz)) is wrong? I used output voltage nodes and input voltage source as the options within the noise analysis window.
    When I print out the noise summary then there is shown the integrated output noise e.g. in V^2. So I have to do a sqrt() to the value to get the rms noise in V.
    When I do an integration (with function "integ") about the plotted wave andthe unit at the y-axis of the noise analysis wave would be really V/sqrt(Hz) then I would have to square the wave before integ. But this delivers wrong results. The right value of the integrated output noise (identically with function value from function rmsNoise) will be get when I simply integrate the shown wave and then make a sqrt. This delivers the same value as fromfunction rmsNoise or from the printed noise summary.
    It seems that the unit at the diagram from the noise analysis should be V^2/Hz, not V/sqrt(Hz). Is this right?

Greetings, Frank.

FraNi, Jun 21, 2011
  2. kindly can you also share how did you perform noise analysis? i.e
    using what type of analysis and its settings. I am wanting to do it
    for my OTA but I dont know how to do it yet?
    Regards
    Sohaib

Sohaib Saadat Afridi, Jun 22, 2011
Ask a Question