New user: are there any pre-defined arrow symbols anywhere?

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by Rafael Diaz, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Rafael Diaz

Rafael Diaz Guest

Hi,

I'm new this CAD programs in general so I have a simple question(s). I
    want to draw standard arrows in my drawings, both single and double
    headed arrows however I haven't been able to find this symbol anywhere.
    I hd to create one from Microsoft Powerpoint and copy it into Autosketch V8.

the 2nd question is when I do create a unique symbol not included in the
    libraries, how do I add those symbols into the Autosketch library?

Thanks
    Rafael

Rafael Diaz, Aug 8, 2003
  2. Rafael Diaz

Ray McIntosh Guest

The help is very good.
    Arrows are markers so type maker in the index.
    Type symbols and your second question will be answered.

Regards
    Ray

Ray McIntosh, Aug 9, 2003
  3. Rafael Diaz

gillianbc Guest

You can create your own libraries and add a new or changed symbol to a library. To create a new library, click the rectangular white icon below the box that shows the current libary name. This opens the Content Explorer window. At the top of this window, click the icon that has a yellow star on it. This creates a new library. Close the Content Explorer.
    To create a new symbol, group the entities that you want for your symbol and select it. Below the pane showing all the symbols, there's a symbol icon with a yellow star. This starts a wizard to create a new symbol from your current selection. Just the name is mandatory. It is very useful to select the basepoint after creating the symbol. just follow the steps until the window closes then click on your symbol at the point where you want it to insert(using snaps as required) e.g. the centre of a door. For symbols such as doors or windows, you may want them to automatically create a gap when they are inserted. Open the Content Explorer (see above), right click the door or window you just created and select Draw With Insert.
    Hint: When basing a new symbol on an existing one, you may find that you have to explode then re-group or autosketch will tell you that the entity is already a symbol.

gillianbc, Aug 10, 2003
Ask a Question