more landscape/portrait confusion

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by A_C_Miller, Jul 1, 2003.

1. A_C_Miller

A_C_Miller Guest

Everything was going fine with Autocad 2000iLT until I made the upgrade from windows 98se to 2k[SP3]. However, now I have a problem with my landscape and portrait getting themselves confused... All workstations use one centralised set fo files for drv, ctb, pc3 and pmp. This arrangement worked fine because I'd worked nice and hard to make sure all workstations were at the same standard. Unfortunately now to get the proper landscape/portrait problem solved you have to reselect the pc3 option every singel time you plot as if you have to reset it. This has annoyed everyone in the office and I seem to catching the flak from it. has anybody got any suggestions at all? should I try some different drivers [ the printers are HP430 which seems to have the problem less and a copier/fax/printer called and Infotec 4201MF and no i can't find drivers for it anywhere but i've been told that it can run off Ricoh Aficio 250 iirc. At present its still running off the same driver as win98 but with an NT4.0 or win2k driver additionally installed] workstations are at present changing over from win98se to win2k [win2k is the only one of the 2 that seems to have this problem]. Plotters are networked to the server which runs NT4. Workstations themselves machanically vary from PIII-450 to P4-M1800 and Athlon 2400+... if ANYONE can help it would help my self afflicted baldness through tearing my hair out.. Sorry for the wordy post...

A_C_Miller, Jul 1, 2003
  2. A_C_Miller

A_C_Miller Guest

more apologies for the abysmal typing. :(

A_C_Miller, Jul 1, 2003
  3. A_C_Miller

A_C_Miller Guest

I've tried creating a new PC3 and the problem seems to continue. I can use the win98 PC3 files on win2k but not vice versa. As a result I created a new PC3 file but it made no difference.

A_C_Miller, Jul 1, 2003
Ask a Question