Lisp routine for changing entities within selected block?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by pashley, Aug 20, 2003.

1. pashley

pashley Guest

I am looking for a routine to use to change properties of entities within a block, specifically I want to be able to change the color of all entities in a selected block to BYBLOCK.

I don't have the knowledge of how to dig into a block to get to the subentities.

I found such a routine on the web but it doesn't work - seems the writer nested a function call within the called function's own defunition.

pashley, Aug 20, 2003
  2. pashley

rapidcad Guest

Hi,
    "Nest" by Donald Butler is exactly what you want. I helped with the beta testing a while ago and it works extremely well for that. You might find it at Cadalog.com or just e-mail Don at (I got that from the help file).
    HTH

rapidcad, Aug 20, 2003
  3. pashley

pashley Guest

OOps, I also just found a download at CADDEPOT.com.

I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help.

pashley, Aug 20, 2003
  4. pashley

DonB Guest

is the right address to use.

BTW

I still use this routine many times every day myself.

Don

"pashley" <> wrote in message news:...

I am looking for a routine to use to change properties of entities within a block, specifically I want to be able to change the color of all entities in a selected block to BYBLOCK.

I don't have the knowledge of how to dig into a block to get to the subentities.

I found such a routine on the web but it doesn't work - seems the writer nested a function call within the called function's own defunition.

DonB, Aug 20, 2003
  5. pashley

DonB Guest

Thanks Luis, I guess I should have read further before posting.

Don

DonB, Aug 20, 2003
Ask a Question