Link soft point

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by Bebop, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Bebop

Bebop Guest

Hi,
    how can I link a point of a curve generated in Style whith another?
    When I select "linked" in the menù of the point nothing appears and the
    point remains unlink.
    Thanks!!
    Sandro

Bebop, Nov 12, 2003
  2. Bebop

David Janes Guest

: Hi,
    : how can I link a point of a curve generated in Style whith another?
    : When I select "linked" in the menù of the point nothing appears and the
    : point remains unlink.

The ISDX module for creating Style features is a great tool for creating free form
    curves and surfaces. It seems to be limitlessly flexible in creating both, now
    even supporting 3-sided surface patches. But, there are limitations. You can limit
    yourself by using mainly planar curves, for example. Points on these curves will
    not link to another point or curve unless it is aligned with that plane. You do
    have the freedom, though, to change back and forth between planar and free curves.
    But, lets say you already have a free curve whose points are all independently
    moveable in 3d space. Select the 'Edit curve' icon, pick the curve with the point
    you want to move, hold down the Ctrl key and click the other curve (you won't even
    be able to see the other point unless both curves are active), click on the point
    to select it, then, holding down the Shift key, drag the point to any other curve
    or point. If you attach it to another point, that point should light up or change
    shape, I forget which, and the point you moved should show a link to that point.

If this doesn't work, there are other possibilities, such as creating two curves,
    each of which takes the point you wish to link to as an end point and setting the
    tangency of each to curvature.

David Janes

David Janes, Nov 12, 2003
  3. Bebop

David Janes Guest

: : : <snip>

: Select the 'Edit curve' icon, pick the curve with the point
    : you want to move, hold down the Ctrl key and click the other curve (you won't
    even
    : be able to see the other point unless both curves are active), click on the
    point
    : to select it, then, holding down the Shift key, drag the point to any other
    curve
    : or point. If you attach it to another point, that point should light up or
    change
    : shape, I forget which, and the point you moved should show a link to that point.
    :

Small correction to above: before you drag, change the point type under Points to
    'Link to point' in the drop down list.

David Janes

David Janes, Nov 14, 2003
Ask a Question