Lineweights

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by Adolf Gerold, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Adolf Gerold

Adolf Gerold Guest

Hallo

I read, that in AS 9 there are more Lineweights!

I also heard that AS 9 can export jpg-Files???
    Is this correct??

Can anybody send a exported jpg-File, where I
    can see these 2 new features - i mean an exported
    jpg-File with difference lineweights to judge the
    quality of these new features??

With kind regards from Austria
    -- Adi --

P.S. Are there other file-types AS can export?

Adolf Gerold, Aug 27, 2004
  2. Adolf Gerold

Gadget Guest

Yup; line weights hairline->0.05...2.21mm in 24 steps (inc) you also get 3,5,7,9 pixel lines. (anything below 0.20mm does not want to print on my printer...allthough I think that's to do with the driver rather than AS9)

File:Save As has DXF, DWG, SKF, DWF, BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, CAD, TIF, WMF as the basics. If you save as JPG, the quality isn't great and any raster images appear as they do on-screen; which isn't the best. It's more like a screen-dump rather than a true export IHMO.
    (I tested an A3 drawing with digital photos on it - text below 10pt is illegable)

Gadget, Aug 27, 2004
  3. Adolf Gerold

Adolf Gerold Guest

Hi Gadget!
    Thank's for your answer.
    Can you please post an AS-file as bmp, jpg and wmf? (with
    different linewidths)

Thank you for your efforts!
    -- Adi --
    http://members.aon.at/agerold/vbprogramme.htm

Adolf Gerold, Aug 27, 2004
  4. Adolf Gerold

Gadget Guest

OK;on further investigation...
    There is an option button to specify the size of the image wanted out of the program when "save as" is selected: using this will allow better quality images; although units are not specified, it's pixels at 96DPI for bitmaps (A4 is 794x1123pixels if you're interested).Not using this option will give the equivalent of a screen dump.
    The paper colour is what is exported as a background (There is an option, but it didn't want to change for me)
    If you up the image size, you will get sharper lines, but bigger file sizes.

There is also the option (for raster export) to select an area, the extents or the page to export.

And you can tell it to show the paper border on raster export... as per the margins in Page Setup.

The WMF stays true to the original, with line thicknesses coming across as you would expect.

It will export exactly what you see on screen; origin, guidelines, greyeded out, non-printing layers etc.

(If you really want I can attach an image, but it's a bit pointless since it depends on the settings used.)

Gadget, Aug 30, 2004
  5. Adolf Gerold

Adolf Gerold Guest

Hallo Gadget

Thank you for your explanations
    Please do this I especially am interested in wmf-Files

Thank You,
    -- Adi --

Adolf Gerold, Aug 31, 2004
  6. Adolf Gerold

Adolf Gerold Guest

Thank you very much, I've ordered AS 9!