Layouts, Zoom/Pan and ACAD2K2 crashing...

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Maksim Sestic, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Dear Friends,

I noticed odd behaviour of ACAD 2002 and custom modified Layouts... If I add a block to a Layout via VBA and then perform few realtime and non-realtime Zooms/Pans, the ACAD crashes. Do I need to implicitly Update the PaperSpace.Blocks collection or is there some other detail I should be aware of? Just for the record, when I manually place the same block manually it doesn't crash and works normally.

Regards,
    Maksim Sestic

Maksim Sestic, Dec 3, 2004
  2. Doesn't happen here.

I use ActiveLayout.Block.InsertBlock
    then I .update the block object

How many is a "few" Zooms/Pans ??

--
    Saludos, Ing. Jorge Jimenez, SICAD S.A., Costa Rica

Dear Friends,

I noticed odd behaviour of ACAD 2002 and custom modified Layouts... If I add a block to a Layout via VBA and then perform few realtime and non-realtime Zooms/Pans, the ACAD crashes. Do I need to implicitly Update the PaperSpace.Blocks collection or is there some other detail I should be aware of? Just for the record, when I manually place the same block manually it doesn't crash and works normally.

Regards,
    Maksim Sestic

Jorge Jimenez, Dec 3, 2004
  3. Maksim Sestic

TomD Guest

I see this happen, but not having anything to do with VBA or inserting blocks.

Try AUDITing whatever drawing you see this in.
    Dear Friends,

Regards,
    Maksim Sestic

TomD, Dec 3, 2004
  4. Jorge,

I can't really measure it but I know this shouldn't happen. Just a few simple zooms or pans and... it just crashes with fatal error. I think it's not (that much) up to ACAD itself - it's not happening on all computers and every operating system (somehow Win2000+SP1,2,3 seems more wulnerable to this). Maybe it's up to memory handling, maybe up to video-card driver... I don't know... My guys are testing the software on "clean" machines, but the hardware is not the same.

Regards,
    Maksim Sestic
    Doesn't happen here.

I use ActiveLayout.Block.InsertBlock
    then I .update the block object

How many is a "few" Zooms/Pans ??

--
    Saludos, Ing. Jorge Jimenez, SICAD S.A., Costa Rica

Dear Friends,

Regards,
    Maksim Sestic

5. I'll try and post the results to this NG.

Thanks,
    Maksim Sestic
    I see this happen, but not having anything to do with VBA or inserting blocks.

Try AUDITing whatever drawing you see this in.
    Dear Friends,

Regards,
    Maksim Sestic

Ask a Question