Import CATIA files with full feature tree

Discussion in 'SolidWorks' started by fluidstu, Jun 13, 2022.

1. fluidstu

fluidstu

I receive CATIA files (.catproduct) of exhaust systems, but do not have access to CATIA.
    I have access to Solidworks (currently v2016 but could update if required).

The exhaust models I receive are full production models, with all nuts and bolts.
    I need to do two things with this model before importing into ANSYS Workbench (Fluent workflow) for analysis & optimization:
    • extensive defeaturing (I need a far simpler model for flow analysis than that with all the nuts, bolts, edges etc.)
    • gain access to the feature tree in order to expose several parameters to ANSYS Fluent for the purpose of performing optimization studies (e.g. the number & size of a pattern of holes around the circumference of cylinder)
    I would therefore like to be able to import the .catproduct files into Solidworks and have full access to the feature tree as though it were built in Solidworks.

Can anyone advise how I can achieve this?

p.s. I do not want to simply import dumb solids as I wouldn't be able to access the parameters of the feature tree.

fluidstu, Jun 13, 2022
Ask a Question