HP 500 Slow Plotting from ACAD

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by rolandganter, Feb 18, 2004.

1. rolandganter

rolandganter Guest

On my computer the PRINTING dialog box stays up for about 5 minutes on a typical D-size plot when plotting from Autocad 2002 (actually ADT3.3) to the HP500. This is about 10 times as long as on our old HP450C. Printing is fine from any other application. For example, if I convert the same D-size drawing to Adobe Acrobat and print from Acrobat to the HP500, the same drawing only takes seconds of spooling. What's the problem? I am using Windows XP professional, HP500 with 16megs HPGL2 card, pc3 file configured to run through the HP 500 ON SERVER01 system printer. Have tried MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE as well as AVOID OUT OF MEMORY without much improvement. In the system printer properties, the ADVANCED tab is greyed out. Why is this? Also:
    the pc3 file does not memorize the sheet list. In other words, if I uncheck any of the foreign sheet sizes or the EXPANDED MARGINS and OVERSIZE options, they will be checked again when I open the dialog box next. I believe this creates problems with prints being cut off, because the HP 500 does not allow expanded margins. (apparently this is a HP800 option only).

Thanks for any help.
    Roland Ganter

rolandganter, Feb 18, 2004
Ask a Question