HP 1050c: Adjusting Top/Bottom Margins

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by jcallenj, Aug 19, 2003.

1. jcallenj

jcallenj Guest

We would love to use the documented margins (.2" and .45" in the latest driver(v4.63) help file), but with every combination of settings I have tried (inked/software: front panel, normal/extended/custom margins: .pc3,front panel, & system driver) we get about .47" and .62". The printable area is changing appropriately, but the margins stay the same so the paper just cuts off longer. I've already wasted far too much paper and *time* fighting this to no avail. Can someone help. What is over-riding all of these settings? Using Win2k, A2k2, HP1050c with roll feed paper on a network. TIA. James Allen

jcallenj, Aug 19, 2003
  2. jcallenj

jcallenj Guest

Okay, rephrase... With (for example) front panel settings (printer setup>page format>size=software; ">">margins=normal) and .pc3 file settings (inked area=no; extended margins=no; and no .pmp file attached), why would I be getting top and bottom margins of .47" and .62"? I feel like I'm missing something really fundamental here and it's wearing me down. Begging for help, James

jcallenj, Aug 20, 2003
  3. jcallenj

John Schmidt Guest

It sounds like either you're not using a current Windows driver for the 1050C - (I just checked ours, and it defaults to the normal leading/trailing of .52 and sides of .20), or you've modified the settings in the .pc3 file, under Modify Standard Paper Sizes. Have you tried creating a new .pc3 file?

John

"jcallenj" <> wrote in message news:...

Okay, rephrase... With (for example) front panel settings (printer setup>page format>size=software; ">">margins=normal) and .pc3 file settings (inked area=no; extended margins=no; and no .pmp file attached), why would I be getting top and bottom margins of .47" and .62"? I feel like I'm missing something really fundamental here and it's wearing me down. Begging for help, James

John Schmidt, Aug 21, 2003
  4. jcallenj

jcallenj Guest

Hi John,

Thank you for responding. I just installed the new driver the other day (v4.63). Same issue before and after. And all along ours also defaults to .52 and .20 in the .pc3 file, but that's not what comes out on the paper. What's up with that?
    Also have made a few new .pc3 files in the process; all same results. Modify Standard Paper Sizes *does* properly change the printable area, but I haven't once seen the Non-printable (top/bottom) area change, the pages just get longer or shorter. Apparently, we have had this problem for some time, but the person who initially set up the plotter is gone now and I'm trying to figure out which end is up. Thanks again, James

jcallenj, Aug 22, 2003
  5. jcallenj

John Schmidt Guest

I'm not sure what to suggest at this point, other than starting by setting everything back to defaults, including both the plotter itself and all the drivers, and go from there.

'Sorry I don't have more...

John

"jcallenj" <> wrote in message news:...

Hi John,

Thank you for responding. I just installed the new driver the other day (v4.63). Same issue before and after. And all along ours also defaults to .52 and .20 in the .pc3 file, but that's not what comes out on the paper. What's up with that?
    Also have made a few new .pc3 files in the process; all same results. Modify Standard Paper Sizes *does* properly change the printable area, but I haven't once seen the Non-printable (top/bottom) area change, the pages just get longer or shorter. Apparently, we have had this problem for some time, but the person who initially set up the plotter is gone now and I'm trying to figure out which end is up. Thanks again, James

John Schmidt, Aug 22, 2003
Ask a Question