How to setup Material in Wildfire 5.0

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by kefferavelino, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Did anyone found how to set a material for a part in wildfire 5.0,
    since the "setup" menu doesn't exist anymore

kefferavelino, Sep 15, 2009
  2. kefferavelino

Janes Guest

Did anyone found how to set a material for a part in wildfire 5.0,
    since the "setup" menu doesn't exist anymore

Interesting information, thanks for sharing. Haven't see WF5 yet, maybe soon, but in WF4 they moved the setup of geometric tolerances under 'Insert>Annotations' which STILL launches the same menu manager interface. Another place to look might be the 'Edit' menu. Have you tried the Menu Mapper in the User section of PTC.COM? this is usually the default login for the builtin Browser and it shows the from/to for menus.

David Janes

Janes, Sep 16, 2009
  3. Hello All,

Only if anyone have had this doubt, I found where the itens of
    "Edit>Setup" are (including Materials). They are now in
    "File>Properties"

Roberto

kefferavelino, Sep 22, 2009
  4. kefferavelino

Paul Gress Guest

Shouldn't they have put it in "Edit > Properties". We're not changing
    properties on a File. Doesn't make sense, so be it.

Paul

Paul Gress, Sep 23, 2009
  5. kefferavelino

Janes Guest

Shouldn't they have put it in "Edit > Properties". We're not changing
    properties on a File. Doesn't make sense, so be it.

Paul
    And, does it do any more than launch the old Menu Manager crap!?! I doubt it! I renew my interest in a betting pool on when PTC will, if ever, be finished with the "transition" to Dashboard. I've already bought 3 boxes at $10 ea:
    1.. when Hell freezes over
    2.. when Jimbo says they're done (i.e., they're not done, they just declare victory and forget about the rest)
    3.. never
    I understand there could be some confusion here between 3. and 2. Let me clarify: NEVER, in my estimation, is dragging the "transition" on infinitely, not that they give up but that they slow down the "pace" of the transition so much that it is nearly imperceptible. After all, after the first one or two big pushes, it's slowed down to a crawl already. Wouldn't take much more slowing for it to become a snail's pace. Wonder who's going to buy it when the cow's giving drops instead of buckets. And if you're in doubt about this, take a look at the basic modelling "Insert" menu where features are created. The ones that have gone Dashboard are marked with an icon. And that is less than half the list.

David Janes

Janes, Sep 24, 2009
Ask a Question