Hatches Not Being Listed

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by Gary Mastolier, Mar 7, 2005.

1. On AS ver8 I have dozens of hatches from which to choose in my Content Librarian. But on AS Ver 9 I have only 10 showing in the Content Librarian. When I go to the properties folder for both programs the hatches listed are identical in both folders (I did not remove ver 8 when installing ver 9 but they are on totally different folders and I can run either version). So how can I get all those hatches to show in ver9 as they do in v8??

Gary Mastolier, Mar 7, 2005
  2. Gary Mastolier

Gadget Guest

? dunno. Try putting a bitmap file into the V9 directory and see if it shows up in your hatch list - if it does, then I have no idea.

I created a folder in this directory and shoved all the hatches I don't use in it - can always drag them out again if I need them and the folder (& contents) do not show.

Gadget, Mar 7, 2005
  3. Thanks: I like the idea of dragging out the hatches rarely used and putting them into a seperate folder. Why didn't I think of that when using v8 when I had so many to sort through? Duhh! But now, in v9, I have less than one column of hatches showing. I'll keep hoping somebody has the answer.

Gary Mastolier, Mar 7, 2005
  4. Gary Mastolier

Gadget Guest

The hatch patterns are saved in "*.pat" files in the AS9\Properties folder. Editing them with a text editor means that you can also re-name (and therefore, sort) the patterns.
    Note that the top ten or so are hard coded - I think it must be these you are seeing.
    Check that you have Sketch.pat, Acad.pat and AcadISO.pat.

(My verson has a coppied Acad.pat stripped down and re-named, with the above taken out into an "unused" directory)

Did the bitmap appear in the list of hatch fills?

Gadget, Mar 8, 2005
  5. I checked. I do have the three .pat patterns you mentioned. A .bmp file you suggested I add does NOT show. I even totally re-installed AS9 with the same results. I am suspecting that I will have to totally remove AS8 to get AS9 to "see" those hatches. Again, I reiterate that the two properties folders of AS8 and AS9 are indentical including some .bmp files that I had added to AS8 as one time. Now how did those show up in the AS9 properties folder? The only thing I can think of is that AS9 copied the AS8 folder when it installed. (BTW those same .bmp's do show up in the Content Librarian of AS8). I have a total of 17 hatches showing in the AS9 Content Librarian. The first five are Iron, Steel, Glass, Plastic, and Firebrick. How do you match those to the names shown in the Properties Folder. BTW I really appreciate the help.

Gary Mastolier, Mar 8, 2005
  6. Gary Mastolier

Gadget Guest

In that case, it's your paths that are not set up right:
    Tools menu - Customise Commands dialogue, third tab: "Folders", third one down "Properties" - make sure it's set right.
    (mine is" C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoSketch9\Properties")

The top 15? (Iron, steel, ..., dashed, dotted) are hard coded and I havn't found a way to edit/remove them

The rest are ordered alphabetically (including numerals) so just re-name them in the .pat file with a starting code (eg Wall_Brick, Wall_Harl... to group them or 01-Brick, 02-Harl,... to specify an order.) Bitmaps go by their file names - use the same method of naming or re-name them Z_Brick.bmp, Z_Harl.bmp to have them at the bottom of the list.

Gadget, Mar 9, 2005
  7. Well, Gadget -- you just solved my problem and got me past a problem I have been having for the several months since I updated from AS8 to AS9. Thank you Thank you Thank you! I have been looking for just such a setting but never went to the custom settings. How dumb is that? Again thank you. Hope to run into you again sometime and maybe I can help you.

Gary Mastolier, Mar 9, 2005
Ask a Question