G-Post post processors

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by Janes, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Janes

Janes Guest

Speaking of what I'm doing or not doing, my boss is complaining that I'm not spending enough time designing and too much time messing around with Pro/NC and G-Post, trying to figure out how to do a customized post processor for a Bridgepost XV-710 with a Fanuc 0m controller. I told him I'd happily leave it to the guy he hasn't hired yet or he could cough up some bucks and buy one. Anyone have a name I can give him of someone who could write such a G-post compatible data file and maybe a .FIL to go with it? The stuff that comes with Pro/NC is minimal, at best, and nothing comes close to being compatible. Anyone know how ICAM is for this kind of customizing? Or even the name of the guy he should hire to finish setting up this model shop would be helpful.

David Janes

Janes, Sep 4, 2008
  2. Janes

Janes Guest

Speaking of what I'm doing or not doing, my boss is complaining that I'm not spending enough time designing and too much time messing around with Pro/NC and G-Post, trying to figure out how to do a customized post processor for a Bridgepost XV-710 with a Fanuc 0m controller. I told him I'd happily leave it to the guy he hasn't hired yet or he could cough up some bucks and buy one. Anyone have a name I can give him of someone who could write such a G-post compatible data file and maybe a .FIL to go with it? The stuff that comes with Pro/NC is minimal, at best, and nothing comes close to being compatible. Anyone know how ICAM is for this kind of customizing? Or even the name of the guy he should hire to finish setting up this model shop would be helpful.

David Janes
    I might have found a seemingly compatible PP except I can't test it. After installing a Renishaw probe (both tool and part), and running a custom tool probing script, the thing remains in creep mode (not figurative) and locks the spindle (spindle off, orient command). So NOTHING runs. Program halts as S8000M03. The vendors got their money, no fear of poor ol' me. Any help out there!?!

David Janes

Janes, Sep 20, 2008
  3. Janes

Janes Guest

David Janes
    I might have found a seemingly compatible PP except I can't test it. After installing a Renishaw probe (both tool and part), and running a custom tool probing script, the thing remains in creep mode (not figurative) and locks the spindle (spindle off, orient command). So NOTHING runs. Program halts as S8000M03. The vendors got their money, no fear of poor ol' me. Any help out there!?!

David Janes

Andy Graham, Machinery Sales Service Manager, is coming down Monday to fix everything (including the servos which sound like they're about to explode). No lawsuits yet, so I guess I can keep on talking. (A nice American machine next time, like a Hurco.... up and running in a day.) Got a nice Fanuc post processor from some guys. Generates nice, clean, crash-proof code. Looks like it. Can't wait to test it.

David Janes

Janes, Sep 27, 2008
  4. Janes

Janes Guest

David Janes

David Janes

Andy Graham, Machinery Sales Service Manager, is coming down Monday to fix everything (including the servos which sound like they're about to explode). No lawsuits yet, so I guess I can keep on talking. (A nice American machine next time, like a Hurco.... up and running in a day.) Got a nice Fanuc post processor from some guys. Generates nice, clean, crash-proof code. Looks like it. Can't wait to test it.

David Janes

Janes, Nov 22, 2008
Ask a Question