FLEXlm License not responding

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by EShotwell, Dec 29, 2004.

1. EShotwell

EShotwell Guest

I have license management running on my server (with a license available), and the client can see the server and the license file. I'm not seeing any traffic from the client to server after installing AutoCAD 2005.

Am I having issues with Windows XP service pack 2 on my server?

EShotwell, Dec 29, 2004
  2. EShotwell

Allen Jessup Guest

Does AutoCAD open? There is normally very little traffic between the
    software and the license server. When the software opens it will just "ping"
    FLM to see if there is a license open. Then every once in a while "ping"
    again to check the connection.

If AutoCAD doesn't open you may have an error in your installation or your
    license file.

Allen

and the client can see the server and the license file. I'm not seeing any
    traffic from the client to server after installing AutoCAD 2005.

Allen Jessup, Dec 30, 2004
  3. EShotwell

EShotwell Guest

I built the standard AutoCAD installation file with the MSI defaults. AutoCAD starts to open, but I get an error message asking for a service or key file location. When I give it the server name, it returns to the dialog box. If I give it the key file location on the server, it says that the Flexlm does not return a valid license key.

EShotwell, Dec 30, 2004
  4. Check the license server debug log file, it should tell you why the license
    request was denied.

--
    Jerry Milana,
    Autodesk Consulting
    AutoCAD starts to open, but I get an error message asking for a service or
    key file location. When I give it the server name, it returns to the dialog
    box. If I give it the key file location on the server, it says that the
    Flexlm does not return a valid license key.

jerry milana \(Autodesk Consulting\), Jan 3, 2005
  5. EShotwell

EShotwell Guest

Well, everything worked out. When the AutoCAD network client communicates with the server for a license token, the Windows XP firewall needs to allow the interprocess communications. I opened the firewall on the server, browsed to the network license manager folder, and added the adsk???.exe file and the flexlm??.exe files.

The correct number of clients can now activate a license token and release it when they close AutoCAD.

If you are running AutoCAD 2005, remember to update the Flexlm software during installation. It will not work with the license manager bundled with AutoCAD 2004.

Regards,

EShotwell, Jan 5, 2005
Ask a Question