FlexLM and windows domain user groups

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by nashdj, Aug 21, 2003.

1. nashdj

nashdj Guest

we have AutoCAD 2004 installed locally but using network licenses. I want to restrict the users of it to a particular group of students. How does the Flexlm handle domain user groups. The sample options files only shows a small number of users and not windows groups.

TIA

Duncan

nashdj, Aug 21, 2003
  2. nashdj

jerry milana Guest

Duncan,

FLEXlm does not recognize operating system groups.  You need to define groups in the options file.
    --
    Jerry Milana,
    Autodesk Professional Services

"nashdj" <> wrote in message news:...

we have AutoCAD 2004 installed locally but using network licenses. I want to restrict the users of it to a particular group of students. How does the Flexlm handle domain user groups. The sample options files only shows a small number of users and not windows groups.

TIA

Duncan

jerry milana, Aug 21, 2003
  3. nashdj

nashdj Guest

Jerry,
    thanks for this. Unfortunately I have several hundred students. Does Flexlm treat the user account as being local to the server it is on or the domain. Will I have to prefix each user acount with the domain name? If so that will mean using the backslash \ which I think is the line continuation symbol in the option file.

Duncan

nashdj, Aug 22, 2003
  4. nashdj

jerry milana Guest

Duncan,

Do not use domain qualified user names.  FLEXlm is unaware of Windows domains.

--
    Jerry Milana,
    Autodesk Professional Services

"nashdj" <> wrote in message news:...

Jerry,
    thanks for this. Unfortunately I have several hundred students. Does Flexlm treat the user account as being local to the server it is on or the domain. Will I have to prefix each user acount with the domain name? If so that will mean using the backslash \ which I think is the line continuation symbol in the option file.

Duncan

jerry milana, Aug 22, 2003
Ask a Question