Finding Overlapping (not crossing) Polylines

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by RaghuMN, Apr 26, 2004.

1. RaghuMN

RaghuMN Guest

Hi all,

I have a multivertex polyline that overlaps on a number of 2 vertex (single segment) polylines.
    These single segment polylines are formed such that they start and end between 2 vertex of the multivertex polyline.

I need to go to each multivertex polyline, check the underneath 2 vertex polylines for some property consistency.

There are also cases where the underlying small polyline is of more than 2 vertex and end at some intermediate points on the same multivertex polyline.
    This is also a case, but of lesser quantity than the 2 vertex polylines.

How do I find the underlying (overlapping, NOT crossing) polylines that run exactly below the multivertex polylines?

Thanks,

MNRaghu

RaghuMN, Apr 26, 2004
  2. RaghuMN

RaghuMN Guest

I would like to modify this question as:

Any Way to find the overlapping (not crossing) polylines?

Both the polylines may be multisegmented or combination of single and multi segments.

Also, the vertex of both need not match each other. That is,
    the overlapping segments may not be of same size.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks,
    MNRaghu

RaghuMN, Apr 27, 2004
  3. RaghuMN

BillZ Guest

Couldn't you get a list of one of the polylines points, then run a loop using (ssget "F" (list p1 p2)) and check the selection set for other plines?

HTH

Bill

BillZ, Apr 27, 2004
  4. RaghuMN

RaghuMN Guest

BillZ, I can do it. But, I am confused with the method of finding overlapping polylines that do not common vertice points.

There are cases where one segment of main polyline is equivalent to 3 (example) segments of the overlapping polyline.

In this case, I need to make sure that all the three segments are in line with the 1 segment of the main polyline. This complexity is haunting me.

Can the above case be done in cofident logic?

Thanks for the reply,

MNRaghu

RaghuMN, Apr 28, 2004
Ask a Question