Find & Replace Text lsp

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by SARCZAR, Aug 3, 2004.

1. SARCZAR

SARCZAR Guest

Hi, I'm looking for a lisp that will batch find & replace text from a group of dwgs. I posted this in the 2004 forum hoping there was a core command, no such luck. I did get 2 responses but unfortunately I'm in no position to spend money on this. So I'm hoping someone will have or know of a free routine that does the same thing. Thanks.

SARCZAR, Aug 3, 2004
  2. Batch find/replace is not something you're likely to find for free.

2004 forum hoping there was a core command, no such luck. I did get 2 responses but unfortunately I'm in no
    position to spend money on this. So I'm hoping someone will have or know of a free routine that does the same
    thing. Thanks.

Tony Tanzillo, Aug 3, 2004
  3. Aaron Cunningham, Aug 3, 2004
  4. Unfortunately, he's using AutoCAD 2004, and for that
    release, AcadX is not free.

Tony Tanzillo, Aug 3, 2004
  5. I've used the CHT.lsp (Change Text Routine) in the past to do this. I wrote
    a very long script that handled all the word changes I needed to make, and
    then ran the script on a ton of detail drawings with ScriptPro. It can be a
    little tricky though, because it can't dicipher if the group of letters it's
    looking to replace is a complete word or part of a word. It'll just replace
    the letters. (I never tried entering a space after the letters. I'm not
    sure that lisp routine can handle it.)

If you'd like a sample of an old script, let me know, and I'll try to dig
    one up.

group of dwgs. I posted this in the 2004 forum hoping there was a core
    command, no such luck. I did get 2 responses but unfortunately I'm in no
    position to spend money on this. So I'm hoping someone will have or know of
    a free routine that does the same thing. Thanks.

Steve Wojtynek, Aug 3, 2004
  6. SARCZAR

ECCAD Guest

Not unless you look in the right place.
    :)

ECCAD, Aug 4, 2004
  7. That is true, but because of this type of free routines solutions from others that are doing a research work and spent a lot of time developing a professional application end up out of business... since most of end users tends to use the free one, even if not does a good job, but is free, who cares....

LE.

Luis Esquivel, Mar 7, 2005
  8. SARCZAR

tapac333

Please help

Hi, I have spent a lot of time looking for a method to translate some of my CAD files to Chinese. I have an excel directory; basically One column in English, and the other in *Unicode font Simsun* Chinese. I need to be able to run it as a lisp or some way to find and replace all the English with the Chinese, so I don't have to do it manually. Then I'd have to just verify all the text, but doing it instance by instance is taking forever. Please let me know. I've used dwgtexttranslator from a Finnish company, but that software is gimmicky, and crashes CAD in a bad way. looking for straight forward alternatives. Many Thanks

tapac333, May 21, 2014
Ask a Question