Evolution Computing - Easy CAD

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by FoxRon, Sep 4, 2021.

1. FoxRon

FoxRon

Hello, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I started using Easy CAD and FastCAD some 35 years ago. It is the only CAD program that I know and am familiar with. I stopped using it in 2009 when I went with an Apple MacBook Pro. a few years later, about 2014 I heard of Parallels. Since Easy CAD was for Windows based machines only, Parallels aloud me to run Windows on the MAC so I could run Easy CAD. It worked GREAT until the MAC crashed in 2017 and I had to get another HD. I did not want to go to the expense of reinstall everything again because of the age of the MAC. I recently bought a new MACbook with the M1 chip. I installed Parallels and Windows. The problem is that I get absolutely NO response form Evolution Computing or even Dallas Beddingfield, who I had his personal Email from years ago. For my use, EasyCAD works GREAT and I know how to move around in the program efficiently. In other words, I'd hate to have to learn another CAD program to do what I do.

My question is: Do they still do business or do I have to move on and get another CAD program?

FoxRon, Sep 4, 2021
  2. FoxRon

Coinneach

Hello FoxRon,

I can fully sympathise with your predicament. I too have been using Ecad for many years
    and have around 2000 of my drawings saved in the .FC7 format which is unique to Easycad.

After a HD crash and after re-downloading Easycad, the programme does not recognise my
    Authorization Code which makes Easycad virtually useless.

I have been trying to obtain a reply from Fastcad and Evolution Computing for a couple of years now and my many attempts have raised absolutely no response.

I have Googled for Fastcad, Easycad, Evolution Computing and even Mike Riddle who is 'the 'father of Autocad' and Fastcad/Easycad. None of these searches give any details about the present state of the company or its software, although it did bring up this post of yours.

The Fastcad website is accessible, but it offers no new information.
    However, the website gives an address for Evolution Computing in Arizona and one can see this as a really nice private house on Google Earth, so I guess that the company is exclusively Mike Riddle working from home.

Coinneach, Apr 27, 2022
Ask a Question