Error Handler Re-entered

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by steedj, Jul 14, 2004.

1. steedj

steedj Guest

Hello,
    I have a Postscript Plot lisp routine that issues the -plot command as follows...

Here's the line of code:
    (command "-plot" "Y" "Model" "AutoCAD Postscript" size_sheet "I" Orientation "N" "V" view_name "1=1" "Center" "Y" "PDF_PlotStyle.ctb" "Y" "A" "Y" plotFILE "N" "Y")

Sometimes, when the routine gets to the "AutoCAD Postscript" portion of the above line of code, I get an Error in the form of an Error dialog box entitled: "AutoCAD Error-Abort".. with the following error message inside: "Error Handler Re-entered". On the command line I get the following: "Error exception occurred at 0XE0000001". When I click on the Error dialog boxes [OK] button, I get thrown out of AutoCAD completely.

BTW: My plotter, know as "AutoCAD Postscript", was setup using the adobe postscript driver that I got from the Adobe website . I also have some custom page sizes assigned to that plot driver as well.

Does anyone have the slightest clue why this happens?
    I assume it's a lisp problem and not a plot problem because I can plot with no problem via the Dialog box PLOT command.

Would an Error Handler help with this in any way? (I know very little about Error Handlers.)

Any input is welcome 'cause I'm at a loss. I've scoured all the Discussion groups here to no avail.

Thanks,
    Joey Steed

steedj, Jul 14, 2004
  2. steedj

ECCAD Guest

Are the variables 'size_sheet' and 'view_name' being set to values (before) calling the plot command ? If you are running this from a script - could be nil..

Bob

ECCAD, Jul 14, 2004
  3. steedj

ECCAD Guest

Sounds like a 'hard' failure, not a lisp error..
    Only other thing I can think of, if you are calling this routine,
    feeding in multiple view_names, and rapidly queueing them
    to a networked plotter, could be sending them (too) fast.
    You can try placing a delay in the loop somewhere, or checking if the command is active (getvar "cmdactive")..
    and waiting for completion of previous plot..

Bob

ECCAD, Jul 14, 2004
  4. steedj

ECCAD Guest

Also,
    you could post this in the 'printing and plotting' Group.

ECCAD, Jul 14, 2004
Ask a Question