error: exceeded maximum number of selection sets

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by R.K. McSwain, Sep 13, 2004.

1. R.K. McSwain

R.K. McSwain Guest

Yes, I know about the limit of selection sets, and I have run the various lisp routines found here that iterate the (atoms-family 0) list and delete 'PICKSET symbols.

But each time this happens, there are never any selection sets found, so trying to set open ones to nil doesn't solve the problem because there aren't any. The only remedy is to close the drawing and re-open.

Is it possible to have "anonymous, unnamed" selection sets that are not available via (atoms-family)?
    Are selection sets created with ObjectARX applications included in the limit of 128?
    If so, are these available via (atoms-family)?
    Would the total number of symbols have any effect?
    (length (atoms-family 0)) returns 6345 in one particular drawing (with ZERO selection sets)

Any other thoughts?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how to access these selection sets so that I can find out what application created them.

TIA

R.K. McSwain, Sep 13, 2004
  2. R.K. McSwain

R.K. McSwain Guest

....and a good observation that is. :)

Yes, I failed to mention, LDT3.
    It causes PROPERTIES to fail also. It either displays the properties,
    but doesn't allow you to edit them, or you just get a blank PROPERTIES
    window without even the grid lines..

R.K. McSwain, Sep 14, 2004
  3. R.K. McSwain

RaghuMN Guest

McSwain,
    FYI:
    Recently, Juerg Menzi had found that 'JustifyText' command also creates the selection set problems.
    Later, we had to use the activex way of modifying the text justifications, which solved our problems.

Thanks,
    MNRaghu

RaghuMN, Sep 14, 2004
  4. R.K. McSwain

R.K. McSwain Guest

Thanks, never used that command though. In fact, I rarely use any ET, and the last time this happened, no ET commands had been used. Can't blame it on them... :)

5. R.K. McSwain

Joe Burke Guest

This sort of problem was discussed recently. Someone was trying to feed an entity to
    the align command. The command allows such. But doing so within a loop, may cause
    ACAD to run out of selection sets. Net result: the problem you described.

Apparently the command creates a selection set for each entity passed. And it does
    not release each ss as it runs under a (while...) loop.

The solution was pass the entity as a selection set.

Am I making any sense here? ;-)

Joe Burke

Joe Burke, Sep 14, 2004
  6. R.K. McSwain

BillZ Guest

Am I making any sense here? ;-)<<<

Exactly!
    Create a sset to pass to align that's inside a loop using the same variable each time through the loop.

Bill

BillZ, Sep 14, 2004
  7. R.K. McSwain

R.K. McSwain Guest

That's not it in my case either, since I know the ALIGN command
    was not run during the last session where this happened.

Ask a Question