Entering DMS from land survey

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by duggram, Nov 27, 2004.

1. duggram

duggram Guest

Using v8 on xp.

How do I enter the lines from a land survey (ie S0Deg02'E, S89deg58'W)?

I just got Hands on a House by Paul Jackson and am now making progress on learning Autosketch. In chap 10 he shows how to create a site document using DMS. However, his method is relative to the last line drawn.

I want to enter the compass values from my surveyor's report so that I can have a replica of my property.

I suppose I could do the math and figure out each corner's angle, but this makes my head hurt. And, the possibility of errors is pretty high. We should be able to just enter the compass value for the line and have it go in the right direction.

Any help apreciated,
    Doug

duggram, Nov 27, 2004
  2. duggram

duggram Guest

Figured it out. Should have done a proper search of this group before asking my question.

Apology,
    Doug

duggram, Nov 27, 2004
  3. duggram

Paul Jackson Guest

Hello

If you send me an example of what your surveyor gives you I may be able to
    offer a few ideas.

Paul J

learning Autosketch. In chap 10 he shows how to create a site document
    using DMS. However, his method is relative to the last line drawn.
    makes my head hurt. And, the possibility of errors is pretty high. We
    should be able to just enter the compass value for the line and have it go
    in the right direction.

Paul Jackson, Nov 28, 2004
  4. duggram

duggram Guest

Paul,

Apologies for not replying sooner. We've had deep snows for a week and power has been out for most of it. I'm replying from work and don't have an exact example with me.

The data I have looks something like N89d02'W. I did manage to complete my site document after reading your reply to an older post concerning changing the U of measurement to Bearing.

Any advice gladly accepted though.

TIA,
    Doug

duggram, Dec 4, 2004
Ask a Question