EATTEDIT - This could take forever!

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by SAM90, Jul 24, 2003.

1. SAM90

SAM90 Guest

Any tips on how to speed up editting attributed blocks? I have thousands to do and it's slow going using EATTEDIT

That was a).

b)I know you can extract attributes to MS Excel but can you mod the spreadsheet and put the data back into the drawing somehow? I guess not!

Cheers - Kev

SAM90, Jul 24, 2003
  2. SAM90

SAM90 Guest

Thanks for quick response Old but having tried that it seems I have to type in the full value each time and also it is a global command [after N N]. Also, for "one at a time", if the value is null you can't pick the attribute [ATTDISP = ON]. aM i DOING SOMETHIONG wring or should this be a reasonably quick process? - Kev

SAM90, Jul 24, 2003
  3. SAM90

SAM90 Guest

I agree Dave, Find and Replace is extremely useful for a global edit to change x amount of instances of aaa to bbb. But say the last three figures o f a reference say A/12/B/nnn is sequential. I can alter the 1st 3 parts globally but how can I alter the nnn part one by one? ATTDIT seems to be a lot of typing and picking and EATTEDIT I have trouble moving about the dialogue box with just the keyboard. - Kev

SAM90, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Yea that's a bummer.  I have done something like that by finding the first one in sequence, coping it to the "change to" and editing the one digit. But not for more than 10 or 15 instances.

The alternative is a "lisp" to do the work.  Sorry, but there I am still too much of an novice to help.

Dave Alexander

"SAM90" <> wrote in message news:...

I agree Dave, Find and Replace is extremely useful for a global edit to change x amount of instances of aaa to bbb. But say the last three figures o f a reference say A/12/B/nnn is sequential. I can alter the 1st 3 parts globally but how can I alter the nnn part one by one? ATTDIT seems to be a lot of typing and picking and EATTEDIT I have trouble moving about the dialogue box with just the keyboard. - Kev

Dave Alexander, Jul 24, 2003
  5. SAM90

SAM90 Guest

ATTEDIT is a slight improvement, it's easier to navigate the dialogue box.

SAM90, Jul 24, 2003
  6. SAM90

Glenn White Guest

take a look at customer files under change attributes - try thr attached lisp routine - see if it helps

Glenn White, Jul 25, 2003
Ask a Question