drawings in WF:hidden lines

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by edoardo fiorani, Mar 29, 2005.

1. a simple question.How cand i change the style of hidden lines in ProE WF.I
    would like the hidden lines to be displayed as "dash font".I thank you
    again.
    edoardo

edoardo fiorani, Mar 29, 2005
  2. edoardo fiorani

David Janes Guest

Check Pro/e Help under Global Search, select Fundemental, Model, Assembly,
    Detailing, and type "pen table". This will tell you the SYSTEM COLORS that the
    archaic, non-wysiwig 'line styles' are mapped to (no, I can't explain how a 21st
    century, $30,000, professional, parametric, feature based modelling program keys
    2D line styles to 'System' colors: generic, dumbass, simple minded, backward,
    ahistorical, onesizefitsall DOSU[NI]X solutions?) Sorry, but it's true: if you
    want to print dashed, etc for hidden lines, you have to set pen styles to the line
    font you want to print in. In the file called PEN.TBL which is used in a PCF with
    a pcf.cmd file, etc. etc. and here's hoping you didn't pay good money for this
    trash, sorry, sore point, but really it's too bizarre. Somebody at PTC really
    needs to explain this crap to you. Would be ecstatic to hear that you've held
    their feet to the fire and got them out of this 80s shit.

David Janes, Mar 30, 2005
  3. edoardo fiorani

Jeff Howard Guest

a simple question.How cand i change the style of hidden lines in ProE
    WF.I
    Graphics display? I don't think it's possible.

Jeff Howard, Mar 30, 2005
  4. so if i understood well,I should change the fonts by an application similar
    to printer in AUTOCAD...Thank you for the suggest.
    Edoardo

edoardo fiorani, Mar 30, 2005
Ask a Question