Drawing Origin showing as a point

Discussion in 'AutoSketch' started by Clare, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Clare

Clare Guest

I am using AS 6.01. Every text object that I create, the drawing origin is showing as a little tiny point. When I change the position of origin, the point follows accordingly so that I am sure it is indeed the drawing origin. It shows not only in display but also is printed as a little dot, too. It happens both in win2K and XP.
    As I recall this kind of thing never happened when I use ver. 5. It started only after I upgrade to ver. 6.
    When I size up the text object, the point doesn't get bigger. Only the text. If the text is small, the point is comparable to the text. Does anybody know how to make this invisible? or Am I the only one having this kind of problem? By the way, how do I ask about this to Autodesk without paying demn fees? Anybody knows?

Clare, Aug 6, 2003
  2. Clare

Len Rafuse Guest

I am not certain I understand what exactly is happening. The drawing
    origin is shown as two arrows on my screen but never prints.

You may want to check View, Options and see if any of those settings help.

Len Rafuse, Aug 6, 2003
  3. Clare

Clare Guest

Oh! I figured it out right after I posted the msgs. I tried every one of them under the View option and finally... (I know this sounds brutal, but many times it works!)
    Thanks anyway.
    I went to View > Options > Visibility > Point Visibility, and unchecked Text. Somehow, the default setting is Checked for Text objects,I think.

Clare, Aug 12, 2003
Ask a Question