Draw circle in Intersection

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by antoniomiranda, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Hello,

I've one 3D file and i need to draw a circle in all intersection lines, if the difference of Z values (of each line) is greater than 0.20cm.

Best regards,
    António Miranda.

antoniomiranda, Apr 28, 2004
  2. antoniomiranda

Perion Guest

This is a great problem! If you can't get a good answer here try:
    http://www.vbdesign.net/

Perion

difference of Z values (of each line) is greater than 0.20cm.

Perion, Apr 28, 2004
  3. antoniomiranda

JLO Guest

could you send me an example of yours entities??
    i will try to do it the application

podrias mandarme un ejemplo del archivo DWG para ver las entidades y hacer
    la aplicacion y
    con un poco mas explicativo lo que deseas?

si hablas espanol mejor!!
    saludos desde mexico

the difference of Z values (of each line) is greater than 0.20cm.

JLO, Apr 28, 2004
  4. antoniomiranda

AKS Guest

You could try the following brute force method (assuming the z tolerance is world z):

-For each line compared to each other line - a pair

-Calc xy slope for each line in pair
    -Throw out comparison if absolute value of slopes are equal (the lines are parallel)
    -Calc the xy intersection in the z plane. (ignore the z values)
    -Check if intersection lies on both lines (true if distance between line ends equals sum of distances from ends to point. Use a tolerance
    number.) Throw out if check fails.
    -Now line pair in question intersects. Now check z values on each line at the xy intersection point. Place circle at xyz for both points
    (one on each line) if out of tolerance. (That way you can easily check the results by viewing the file from front or side etc.)

-Next

One reason this method is brute force is because for N lines each same pair is compared N times. It might still work fast enough. If not you
    could make an array of the line entity numbers where one part of the array is an index from 1 to N. Maybe the selection set works this way.
    Then as you go down the list comparing the Ith index line to all the Ith+1 to N th lines only. I think this would eliminate the duplications.

AKS

AKS, May 4, 2004
Ask a Question