dotfont prints and exports as a dashfont

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by stinky wizzleteet, Aug 4, 2004.

1. hi all,

?? I like the dotfont, it's neat.
    Or is it a dashfont with a different scale ?

wzzl

stinky wizzleteet, Aug 4, 2004
  2. stinky wizzleteet

David Janes Guest

: hi all,
    :
    : ?? I like the dotfont, it's neat.
    : Or is it a dashfont with a different scale ?
    :
    Well, if you scale the dotfont up to say 3 times bigger than the default, what
    happens. Does it turn into the dashfont? Or does the spacing just change and maybe
    the dots get bigger?

David Janes

David Janes, Aug 4, 2004
  3. stinky wizzleteet

David Janes Guest

: : : hi all,
    : :
    : : ?? I like the dotfont, it's neat.
    : : Or is it a dashfont with a different scale ?
    : :
    : Well, if you scale the dotfont up to say 3 times bigger than the default, what
    : happens. Does it turn into the dashfont? Or does the spacing just change and
    maybe
    : the dots get bigger?
    :
    Uh oh, I take it back. Looking at the hatching on a cosmetic sketch, trying to
    change line style, there is no control over font size. See what you mean about
    printing dashes ~ when did *that* start? But check out below where you set the
    font, where it says width. Give it a non-zero value and it draws lines sideways
    (DOTFONT) which turn into little diamonds when you print. This is goofier'n all
    hell.

Something else I noticed though. If you go to Retrieve, it lists all the xch files
    you have for different materials. You can edit these things, add lines with
    different angles, change line styles, offset stuff and then save it with a
    different name, like Brick. I just don't see anyway to put circles or triangles
    like AutoCAD materials have.

David Janes, Aug 4, 2004
Ask a Question