DDATTE UNDEFINE

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by thenov, Oct 16, 2004.

1. thenov

thenov Guest

I want to UNDEFINE BOTH the DDATTE and ATTEDIT command and refine them with some limitations. So far I HAVE been able to UNDEFINE and REDEFINE the ATTEDIT command in my list program. It does NOT run at startup. However when I try to UNDEFINE the DDATTE command I get a command not found (or something error). Does anyone know how to UNDEFINE and REDEFINE the DDATTE command in AutoCAD 2004. I am puzzled because it works FINE for the ATTEDIT command. According to the AutoCAD Help file DDATTE is NOT even a command anymore. I removed all references to it in my ACAD.PGP but sill I can use the DDATTE command. Help! I need to know how to UNDEFINE and REDEFINE the DDATTE command just like I have successfully done with the ATTEDIT command.

thenov, Oct 16, 2004
  2. thenov

Walt Engle Guest

DDATTE is no longer used - it's now ATTEDIT.

Walt Engle, Oct 16, 2004
  3. thenov

thenov Guest

You are correct. However when type DDATTE the command still runs. I removed any ALIAS definitions in ACAD.PGP and still the DDATTE command works. This is why I am stumped. I can seem to figure out where the DDATTE command is coming from. I think it is still a command that is coming from an ARX that gets loaded with AutoCAD 2004.

thenov, Oct 17, 2004
  4. thenov

Walt Engle Guest

I don't know, but when I type ddatte, attedit command comes up. Go figure.

Walt Engle, Oct 17, 2004
  5. DDATTE/ATTEDIT is an external command implemented
    in a demand-loaded ARX file (AcBlock.arx).

If you try to undefine it before this ARX is loaded, you'll get
    an error.

To do it, use this:

(defun undefine-command (cname)
    (if (getcname cname)
    (progn
    (setvar "cmdecho" 0)
    (command "._UNDEFINE" cname)
    )
    )
    )

(undefine-command "ddatte")

Tony Tanzillo, Oct 17, 2004
  6. thenov

thenov Guest

Thanks! Is ATTEDIT and DDATTE 2 separate commands? I can redefine 1 but get an error on the other. All I want to do is REDEFINE BOTH with my REDEFINED version.

thenov, Oct 18, 2004
Ask a Question