DCL syntax error after upgrade to A2K5

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by gmcarter, Mar 24, 2005.

1. gmcarter

gmcarter Guest

I have a few Lisp routines that I use daily on 2002, but when I give them to a coworker using 2005, there is a problem with the DCL syntax or something. What do I need to do to bring the DCL in line with current standards? Will my 2002 still like it or do I need 2 versions of the DCL? Any advice appreciated.

gmcarter, Mar 24, 2005
  2. gmcarter

BillZ Guest

I don't remember making any changes to my dcl when we switched from R14 to A2k5.

Are your co-workers search paths the same on his machine?

Bill

BillZ, Mar 24, 2005
  3. gmcarter

gmcarter Guest

His search file support path is set correctly. When he tries to launch the routine, AutoCAD says "base.dcl" can't file file in an alert box. Clicking OK, I get another box saying "error in dialog file, line 1, warning redefining object, symbol "main".

gmcarter, Mar 24, 2005
  4. make sure autocad support folder is on the top of the support file search
    paths....

the routine, AutoCAD says "base.dcl" can't file file in an alert box.
    Clicking OK, I get another box saying "error in dialog file, line 1, warning
    redefining object, symbol "main".

Luis Esquivel, Mar 24, 2005
  5. gmcarter

gmcarter Guest

I think I found my answer in a posting dated Feb/09/04 - 13:27 (CST) . I had to copy base.dcl and acad.dcl to the 2005 Support folder. It seems like a bad solution though. What is causing this and is there another workaround?

gmcarter, Mar 24, 2005
  6. gmcarter

BillZ Guest

Not sure what the problem is.

I don't use the "out of the box" support paths.

I think:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2005\R16.1\enu\Support , is where the 2 files are when you do a standard install. SO that should show up in your options support paths.

I have the 2 files in:
    C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2005\UserDataCache\Support
    Which is the way I have my support paths set up.

Bill

Bill

BillZ, Mar 25, 2005
Ask a Question