CPU usage

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by nileshborade, Apr 14, 2006.

1. nileshborade

nileshborade Guest

Hello:
    I have P4 3 GHZ 1.5 GB RAM.
    But still Pro/e WF 2.0 (Pro/Intralink) runs very slow is there anyway I
    can increase (prioritize) CPU usage for this process because when I
    check CPU usage it says 1 or 2 %.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Nilesh

nileshborade, Apr 14, 2006
  2. nileshborade

David Janes Guest

What makes you think the CPU has anything to do with why it's running slow!?!
    Couldn't the CPU usage numbers spike when the processor gets fed a lot of data
    then drop when it's done with the heavy lifting? Couldn't the problem be that the
    processor is not getting fed at a constant rate so that it isn't always busy. This
    can happen when Pro/e, a heavily networked program, isn't getting stuff fed to it
    through the an IP address (could be a bad router, failing server, busy network)
    Anyway, if Pro/e is the only application running, it'll always have top priority.
    And, if two or three other apps are competing for resources, the processor should
    be chugging away at close to 100%, not necessarily on Pro/e. In that case, Pro/e
    could be slow, but the processor should be very busy.

David Janes, Apr 17, 2006
  3. nileshborade

dgeesaman Guest

It's probably something else slowing down the computer - like network
    delays or disk access. What is your available physical memory
    according to task manager? Is it also slow when you perform the same
    operations outside of Intralink?

Dave

dgeesaman, Apr 20, 2006
Ask a Question